Eleven South African projects recently received international recognition for being commendable examples of corporate communication.
The following professionals received awards:
- Priya Maharaj, Anton Uys, Kevin Liebenberg (Actuate & Anglo American SA)
- Mari Lee & Elzette van Niekerk (DevCom Strategic Communication Consultants & Builder’s Warehouse)
- Sylvester Chauke (DNA Brand Architects – 2 awards)
- Ilze Blank (Melagrana)
- Liza Koen (Sappi)
- Aloy Gowne (University of Cape Town – 2 awards)
- Lesmarie Bentley-Steyn (University of Johannesburg – 2 awards)
- Lelanie de Wet (University of the Free State)
DNA Brand Architects and the University of Johannesburg received awards of excellence, whilst the others received awards of merit.
“For more than 40 years, the International Association of Business Communicator’s Gold Quill Awards have recognised and awarded excellence in strategic communication worldwide,” says Jo Eye, IABC Africa Chair. “Gold Quill is the only awards programme that honours the dedication, innovation, and passion of communicators on a global scale, all of which African professionals have in abundant supply.”
The IABC Gold Quill Award entries are evaluated by international professional communicators with more than 10 years of experience. Many of the evaluators have earned Gold Quill Awards, are either IABC accredited, or certified by the Global Communication Certification Council, and all are trained to evaluate entries against established criteria aligned to IABC’s Global Standard of the communication profession.
Entries are scored independently by two evaluators, who reconcile scores together at Blue Ribbon Panels held face-to-face or virtually in multiple locations around the world.
For more information on the Gold Quill Awards visit gq.iabc.com