The International Association of Business Communicators has announced the excellence and merit winners of the 2017 IABC Gold Quill Awards programme.
In total, 227 entries have been awarded, with 74 Excellence and 138 Merit, including 13 South African winners.
Our South African Gold Quill winners are:
Excellence Award winners
- Africa Technology Back on Track – Sophia Dower; Barclays Africa
- TUHF Internal brand refresh – Terri Brown; The Logical Truth
- Makarapa City – Anglo American created community radio drama – Mooketsi Mocumi, Ann Farndell, Rochelle de Paiva, Pranill Ramchander, Sibusiso Tshabalala; Anglo American South Africa
- “Pencil me In” Stakeholder Research – SABC Pension Fund
- Innovative research methods for Sappi’s vast rural workforce – Sappi Communications and DevCom Teams, Sappi Limited South Africa
Merit Award winners
- Anglo American Employee Indebtedness Programme (Anglo American South Africa): Ann Farndell, Rochelle de Paiva, Mpumi Sithole, Mooketsi Mocumi, Gert Schoeman, Tintswalo Khosa-Gieseke, Carolyn Lewis (Summit), Leigh Nooy (Summit), Olwen Auret (Russell & Associates)
- Ensuring Stakeholder Confidence in a Fluid Environment, SABC Pension Fund
- Church & Strategic Clarity: The Rise of Communicating Leaders, Chantalle Schutte, The Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa
- The Abashintshi Social Mobilisation Project, Sappi Communications and DevCom Teams, Development Communication Solutions
- Sound[W]right: UFS student tone and voice project, Leonie Bolleurs, University of the Free State
- Nuevo Traditions – a modern interpretation of ancient philosophies, rituals and stories using new technology, Anglo American Platinum
- Ten years of The DevCom Waybook, Mari Lee, Charmain Lines, Graham Hankin, Development Communication Solutions
- For such a time as this: A commemorative journey, UFS Department of Communication and Brand Management, University of the Free State
The Gold Quill Awards programme recognises business communication excellence globally, and is acknowledged as one of the most prestigious global awards programmes. Entries are evaluated against IABC’s standard of excellence, and the feedback from this year’s evaluators indicated that the standard of work in this year’s awards was very strong.
For the full article please click here