IABC Africa Conference 2016 Unveils Critical Insights into the Future of Business Communication
Johannesburg – August 26, 2016 – The annual IABC Africa Regional Conference is set to return to the Vineyard Hotel and Spa from 2-4 November 2016, to address critical issues facing the future of business communication. In its 23rd year, the annual IABC Africa Conference will host established regional business communication leaders and prominent experts, including two international keynote speakers.
Over the three days, the conference will feature more than 20 sessions and workshops spanning across nine key themes impacting the agility of business communication: ‘youthification’, agility, digital communication, risk and resilience, leadership, strategic measurement, business acumen, crisis communication, and cross cultural communication. The event will facilitate engaging conversation and sharing of insights on a variety of topics, with a look at the future of the how communication can remain and increase in its relevance.
“The sophistication of the role of communication and reputation management is evolving as rapidly as business and society are these days, and so it is imperative for organisations to set communication as a core focus area”, says Daniel Munslow, past chair of IABC Africa and member of the International Executive Board. “Conference goers can expect to hear from some of our country’s leading communication minds who will deliver deep insights on the issues we are currently facing,” he added.
Notable keynote speakers include
- Dianne Chase – 2016/2017 Chair IABC IEB
- Robin Russell McCasland – FRSA, Director, Employee Communication, Tenet Healthcare, Dallas, Texas;
- Paul Nel – Head of Open Innovation, Barclays Africa Group;
- Regine le Roux – Managing Director, Reputation Matters – in a special pre-conference workshop,
- Dalien René Benecke, Curriculum Chair, Department of Strategic Communication, University of Johannesburg
Additional sessions feature:
- Janine Lazarus – Media and Communications Consultant,
- Francois van Dyk – Head of Operations, Ornico,
- Gert Schoeman – Head of Communication, Anglo American Platinum,
- André Oberholzer – Group Head Corporate Affairs Sappi,
- Mari Lee – CEO DevCom, among others.
Carol Allers, Chair of IABC Africa, says “in addition to the above keynote and plenary session, the conference also serves as a knowledge-sharing platform for communication practitioners across all sectors, who come together to engage and discover new technological advancements and solutions that enhance business communication practices”.
To view the full conference agenda, speakers and more click here.