IABC Africa Conference 2016 unveils critical insights into the future of business communication
The annual IABC Africa Regional Conference returned to the Vineyard Hotel and Spa from 2-4 November 2016, to address critical issues facing the future of business communication. In its 23rd year, the annual IABC Africa Conference hosted established regional business communication leaders and prominent experts, including two international keynote speakers.
Over the three days, the conference featured more than 20 sessions and workshops spanning across nine key themes impacting the agility of business communication: ‘youthification’, agility, digital communication, risk and resilience, leadership, strategic measurement, business acumen, crisis communication, and cross cultural communication. The event facilitated engaging conversation and sharing of insights on a variety of topics, with a look at the future of the how communication can remain and increase in its relevance.
Notable keynote speakers included:
- Dianne Chase – 2016/2017 Chair IABC IEB
- Robin Russell McCasland – FRSA, Director, Employee Communication, Tenet Healthcare, Dallas, Texas;
- Paul Nel – Head of Open Innovation, Barclays Africa Group;
- Regine le Roux – Managing Director, Reputation Matters – in a special pre-conference workshop,
- Dalien René Benecke, Curriculum Chair, Department of Strategic Communication, University of Johannesburg
Additional sessions featured:
- Janine Lazarus – Media and Communications Consultant,
- Francois van Dyk – Head of Operations, Ornico,
- Gert Schoeman – Head of Communication, Anglo American Platinum,
- André Oberholzer – Group Head Corporate Affairs Sappi,
- Mari Lee – CEO DevCom, among others.
View the full conference agenda and speakers. preliminary_conference_programme-01
The conference delegates provided valuable feedback to the speakers. See what they had to say in the Conference Evaluation.
Visit the Gallery to view the photographs taken at the event.