It’s that time of the year again, where we open the call for nominations for IABC Africa’s Excel Award
About the Excel Award
Each year, IABC Africa honours a top-level executive for his or her contribution to business communication. This contribution can include initiating, directing, supporting or sustaining outstanding and effective communication programmes. The Excel Award is frequently given to a chief executive officer, managing director or general manager, who has excelled at leadership communication and support of the communication profession.
The award is largely recognised as the IABC’s highest honour to be bestowed on a business leader, and is now in its fifth decade. There are no restrictions or biases based on the size of the organisation or budget. Nominations for this award can be made by both IABC members and non-members.
Effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders during tough times is crucial to a company’s long-term success and strategic risk management.With the growth of social media, there are now even more tools available for leaders to reach their constituents, and this is further complicated during time of crisis communication.
IABC Africa is looking to recognise a candidate who has demonstrated vision and leadership in his or her commitment to excellent communication, in recent years.
- Demonstration of exceptional leadership, management and communication skills.
- Some experience in communicating with global or multicultural audiences is preferred.
- Use of a communication strategy that demonstrates creativity and innovation and that contributes to the business success of the organisation.
- Commitment to the communication programmes for all of the organisation’s audiences, both internal and external, and at local, national and international levels.
- Effective personal communication with all of these audiences. Candidates must be shown to have participated in communication, not simply directed communication staff in their efforts.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
Nominations to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2017. Evaluations will take place shortly thereafter, and the winner will be announced in July.
We look forward to receiving your nominations.